Friday, May 8, 2009

Crack Addicts

OK girls...what's so cute about your butts that you draw attention to them with a hideous tattoos, then wear pants that are specifically cut to show the cracks of your butts below your hideous tattoos?

Sorry, kids...this look is NOT attractive. And you never know when some old lady fed up with cracks and bellies might be right behind you, armed with a camera, and not afraid to use it. This photo is one I snapped while in Italy the last half of April. I was walking down the Spanish Steps and this is what confronts me. It was bad enough to see the tattoo and the crack, but she was also sporting black undies and something white stuck in the crack. (If you can enlarge the photo, you can see it, but I don't know why you'd want to.)

At the last Mellencamp concert I attended, we were on the side of the stage and close enough to touch Mellencamp when he came over to our area. In the first row, just before us, a young lady took a seat. The chairs were the folding kind that had the lower back open. And of course, there was her crack. I had my handy-dandy cell phone, so I took a crack photo and sent it to my brothers with some smart-aleck caption. A few minutes before the concert began, a father and his son--who looked to be about ten--sat next to us. And right in front of that young boy was the girl with most of her butt visible to me and him.

What did I do? I happened to have some paper with me, and two Bandaids. I took the Bandaids and taped the paper onto the back of her chair. That way, I didn't have to look at her butt all night, and neither did the kid.

I'm certainly not a prude--I'm just sick of this look. The girls went from wearing "home boy" clothes that completely covered up their shapes to completely uncovering their shapes. I don't know how fashion made such a radical jump in one year.

Not to leave the guys out, I have some big complaints about how they dress too. I really have an issue when I'm forced to look at one foot of your boxers sticking out of your pants. To top it off, your pants would definitely fall to the ground except you're holding them up by grabbing your crotch and hanging on for dear life. Ever notice how many of those goobers on COPS wear these too-big pants, and then try to run from the cops?

It's bad enough when they wear the boxers, but a few weeks ago I saw a young man wearing "tidy whities", with his jeans down as low as the ones shown. I mean, if you're going to show that much of your underwear, you might as well not wear pants at all. Just strut around in your undies. What's the diff?

And I'm aggravated at myself for spending time writing about cracks and boxer shorts when I've got tons of Italy photos to document and write about in my blog. I planned on writing two blogs tonight, but I need to hit the hay to try to fight this awful cold I contracted from someone in Italy. I'm too sleepy to write anymore. Please excuse any typos. I'm gone.


3 comments:

Leslie said...

I try explaining this to my son, but he just doesn't get it. I tell him to wear the waistband of his jeans AT his waist. He thinks he is...until I explain to him that those are his HIPS. Unbelievable.

Cissy Apple said...

Oh, we girls wore hiphuggers when I was a young, skinny hippie...and more low-slung than what's out there today. But we wore body suits, and that meant our navals and cracks wouldn't be out there for everyone to see.

Greybeard said...

Dear Cissy-
I'm ashamed to admit, depending on circumstances, I like crack.
Should I be concerned? Is there a rehab program available?