Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Lord, Take Me Now!


It wasn't a typical Monday. I had a long, tiring weekend and was looking forward to just sitting and writing all day. But by the time I got to work, I was so sleepy, I didn't know how I'd make it through the day. I managed, but there were times I really felt like I could just pass out. I attributed it to the rough weekend, forgetting to take my meds today, and the constant insomnia catching up with me.

As the day progressed, it became apparent what the problem was--one of those stomach bugs. I made it home, but just barely. Mom had fried some chicken, but eating was the last thing on my mind. I spent the next few hours dozing off and on, and finally trudged to bed about ten. After about an hour, I had to get up. I hoped playing a few computer games would take my mind off of the inevitable, but that's not happening either. I go from being chilled to being hot. I feel like every bone in my body has dissolved. And I'm nearly to the point where I say, "Kill me NOW".

Death has to be better than my stomach doing cartwheels. Now I'm going to have to take off work tomorrow, which is NOT what I want to do. I've got a lot to get done before April 5th--my first subrelease deadline of the month. Right now I really don't give a hoot.

This isn't looking good, folks. If this is the last blog I ever write, you'll know the Good Lord has finally granted my wish of entering the Heavenly Gates rather than praying to The Porcelain God all night long.

So long...it's been real.

1 comment:

Rita said...

Nice. I was hoping this was some old memory you were dredging up. We're going to make quite a travel group. Brian hobbling around like an old man, you tossing your cookies and me sneezing and coughing. Italy is probably closing their gates even as we speak.