Monday, February 21, 2011

Repost this if...

Yep, I'm fed up with all of it. I've never been fond of politics, but I especially hate it now. In fact, I'm so fed up that I may never vote again. That's because this constant fighting between the two parties has invaded my life like never before. Seems that at least half of Facebook consists of those expounding their political views, resorting to name-calling and half-truths. My Facebook friends and family constantly bombard Facebook with their rhetoric and links to websites they think is going to change somebody's mind about what party to belong.

However, on Sundays the political poop on Facebook changes to poop about Football and now NASCAR--not much better in my opinion. On Monday, it all swings back to politics and name-calling, interspersed with requests for hearts or vegetables, or the usual copy/paste "Repost this if" garbage. I might even write my own repost, "If you're sick of unsolicited political announcements, repost this". But as most Facebookers haven't figured out yet, reposting is not going to cure cancer, help diabetics, stop child abuse, bring back your dead father, or change anyone's mind about politics.

...but then there's that Egypt thing...

I grow weary.


11 comments:

Greybeard said...

(Checking to see if I'm still on your "friends" list.)
I understand your frustration, but have no words of wisdom for you.
My only recourse these days is to ask, "How's that workin' for ya?"
I once was a Liberal too.
But then I started looking at results.

And I agree that professional sports are a terrific waste of time. They are a business just like WalMart...
"GO COSTCO! BEAT WALMART!"
I've just never understood (and no one has ever been able to explain) the loyalty folks show pro teams when the players may end up playing for your enemy next year.
Racing's a bit of a different story...
There are still technologies that trickle down and improve our lives from racing. (But I won't argue that watching a train of cars go 'round and 'round IS pretty boring at times."

Cissy Apple said...

I was a liberal back in my youth, and then started swaying towards being conservative. I'll never, ever believe that abortion is NOT murder, and I don't like my tax dollars paying for abortion. I've actually voted for folks simply based on their pro-life stand.

My frustration was not based on your political posts, but others...and you'll always be my friend even if our views do differ--a little or a lot.

I'm just "somewhere in the middle" of all this mess we've created. I have never voted a straight ticket in my life...and probably never will. That is, if I ever think anyone is worth voting for again. We need a hero, and I see none in the White House and none on the horizon either.

I wouldn't mind sports, but hate the fact that there are those out there that think it's the most important thing on the face of the earth. It's not. They just need to keep it in perspective.

Watch for my email...

Timothy Frazier said...

I love this "rant". And it reminds me to tone it down in some circumstances. I try to keep my political commentary on my blog where folks can purposely come read it if they want rather than spraying all my friends and family with it on FB.

There is a handy little "hide" feature on FB that will allow you to automatically not display status and links from specific folks without actually un-friending them. I use it quite often.

Cissy Apple said...

Thanks, Timothy. I only hope that this crazy virtual Civil War we've created soon stops. Seems it takes something like the destruction that happened on 9/11 to make all of us focus and come together.

Anonymous said...

Hi I was wondering if you could just out my blog and offer any help that you are able to or pass it along to some of your friends who may also be willing to help. Thank you :) http://medschooldream.blogspot.com/

Amelia Rice said...

I sooo agree. people are jerks. especially political people

Anonymous said...

Hi Cissy Apple, nice post you have here! If you have sometime, visit this site. Thanks!

hapi said...

Hi Cissy Apple, Nice blog! How to add the Glitter Effect Mouse Pointer to your Blog

Journal GĂ©neraux said...

nice!!!!

Cliquer said...

Cool! please, visit my blog.
http://ganhandoeclicando.blogspot.com/

Zain said...

Nyc Blog.........please go to this site its so funny (moretng.blogspot.com)