Wednesday, March 24, 2010

What Has This Got to do with Work???

I try...I really try to NOT listen to all the BS around me. I have noise-canceling headphones, but there are days that I really don't feel like listening to music or white noise while I'm working. Just today, here are just a few of the less-than-intelligent comments I heard from next door...

"Your hair looks cute!"

"It was all wobble-jello and bouncy."

"I'm leaving early today." (So what else is new?)

To top it off, I heard all about her labor of 32 years ago when she was telling a male co-worker all the gory details. He said it was because of the way she was built...you know...small hips.

Why does every workplace have one or more of these useless employees? Beats me, but they all do. Once in awhile, I could put up with this, but this talk goes on all day long, every day. I'd find another job, but it would just be the same thing.

Tired of complaining...it's time to go get a Margarita and forget the Doublemint Twins for awhile.

3 comments:

Ken Row said...

For me, it's even worse working from home -- you should hear all the stuff that comes from the "cubicle" next to me.

Greybeard said...

You could use a break.
And I think your future has just what you need.

Cissy Apple said...

Ken, been there...done that...but I didn't get paid for it. That's a much more stressful job, but far more rewarding. And at least back then, I only had to concentrate on the kids--I didn't have the additional stress of also having to work for an employer on top of it.

I don't know how you can do both!