Friday, February 5, 2010

Men...

I heard the other day that our new contract with the new company might not start until March 1st. That would mean from February 17th when the old contract ends until the 1st, we'd all be off work--with NO pay. That would be fine with me. A few days off would be nice. But it would suck for those whose money runs tight.

I emailed my husband and told him the rumor, and that I might have a week or so off. He emailed back and said that if that happened maybe he might come home to a clean house, a hot meal, and a smiling face. I emailed back, "Does this mean I can hire a maid, a cook, and a prostitute?"

His buddy said that a good woman would be all three.

...men...

2 comments:

Ken Row said...

Don't know about the prostitute line -- that'd be saying a good woman could be had by anyone for a price.

As for the contract, the powerpoint materials we'll be covering in the conference calls later this week say that our first workday with CSC will be 2/17, the first time sheet will be due 2/19, and the first pay date will be 2/26.

Also, think about the nearly-essential personnel involved in this contract -- sysadmins, dbas, computer ops, network admins. I don't think our customer would accept a two-week lapse in the contract.

Cissy Apple said...

No, according to what I've seen and heard, the government has been promised there will be no disruption of service.